GrahamsBloggerNovelTemplate

Sidebar

Again, this night brought my visitor.

This time, she again shushed my startled mind as she slipped into my bed and curved against me, her arm across my chest as the other stroked down my side.

"What now, my love?"

Me: "?"

She: "What will you do?"

Me: "Do about what?"

She, giggling quietly, breathlessly returned, "about you, me, the world?"

Me: "The world will take care of itself. I've got plenty of stuff to do to sort it out with. It is already solving and getting easier to live, although there are things I will need to do to make that happen."

She: "And..."

Me: "And about me, well that is going along as well. Now that I can have my peace of mind as I wish and can feel anything about anyone, I can resolve a great many of the nightmares which woke me up for so many months after I left. Already, I dream in new locations and the people are different, not the same cast of characters."

She: "And..."

Some quiet to the early morning, when the chickens and roosters still hadn't risen, the dogs long since barked every intrudeer into submission. The electric heater kicked on to take some of the chill out of the room, but I had begun to perpire on those body parts touching the warmth next to me. She softly caressed my chest, drawing imaginary circles in the hair there, the pressure of the covers holding her hand down, her fingernail seeming to scratch as it rode the uneven surface.

Me: "And you, what about you?"

She: "What about me?"

Me: "I seem to know you, yet know little about you."

She: "Shall I tell you, or leave you in mystery?"

Me: "Which would better profit us, our relationship?"

She: "I don't know. But mystery is an allure which few women would give up..."

Me: "Yes, but perhaps you owe me some explanation."

She: "Perhaps and perhaps not. You sleep better when I am here than when I am gone. Isn't that enough?"

Me: "But perhaps you could join me during the day, join me during my waking life?"

She: "And aren't your other friends enough?"

Me: "Not to salve this need. Pita is cute and all, but..."

She: "More of a too-close relative for that need?"

Me: "Definately."

She gave me a hug, "I'll always be there when you need me, just for this."

Me: "But shouldn't I have another, a special other which would fill my days as well?

She: "Absolutely - and you shall. Only seek in order to find."

Me: "But..."

She placed her finger on my lips and then moved to bring her weight to rest atop mine, "Shhh - nothing further tonight..."

After awhile, again I slept.

Hours later, the dawn shined through my windows and she was again gone.